5 Ways to Feel Good:
Your Self-Care To-Do List
01 March 2022 | By: Nadeen Moubarak
Ready to bring forth a new, healthier – and perhaps more beautiful – version of yourself?
To make that happen, it’s important to anchor your goals to self-care: the wonderful ways to feel good and look good inside and out.
Self-care can be something as simple as using sustainable or organic face makeup. It can also be a grand project, such as overhauling your entire daily schedule to make time for “me time.” The key is to make your goal specific to make it doable, sustainable and measurable.
To start, here is a list of easy but powerful things to do to kick off your self-care journey.
1. Take time to breathe – really breathe – every day.
You hear about stress and people’s fast-paced lifestyles every year. And yet it seems very few actually take time out to be present for themselves – including you.
This time, say goodbye to your perpetually stressed self and sit down, take a deep breath, and close your eyes.
It would be great if you could go on weekend holidays or month-long getaways regularly – but if you can’t, there are deep breathing relaxation techniques to help you manage everyday stress.
For example, the 4-7-8 breathing technique is easy to do and very effective for relaxation. It’s best done while you’re seated with your back straight. Once you’ve mastered it, you can do it while lying in bed.
- Put the tip of your tongue against the ridge behind your upper front teeth for the entire length of the exercise.
- Using your mouth, exhale completely while making a “whoosh” sound.
- Using your nose and with your mouth closed, inhale silently and count mentally from 1 to 4.
- Hold your breath while counting mentally from 1 to 7.
- Using your mouth again, exhale completely while counting from 1 to 8 and making a “whoosh” sound.
Feel better? Do this anytime you feel harried or anxious.
This way, you won’t need to worry about premature aging that’s been linked to stress.
2. Set a sleep schedule so you get 7 to 8 hours of sleep.
It’s easy to say “get at least seven to eight hours of sleep” and still fail miserably in this resolution.
So, rather than repeating the past, resolve to set a sleep schedule that allows you to have the minimum number of hours of good sleep every time. This could be 10 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. or a schedule that you know you can adhere to.
And say goodbye to bingeing on Netflix, HBO or any other streaming services you’re subscribed to. Remind yourself that you’re sleeping for health and beauty every time you’re tempted to watch an entire season of your favorite series in one sitting.
3. Practice the beauty basics: Cleanse, hydrate and exfoliate.
You know that achieving and maintaining a healthy, glowing complexion is only possible if you cleanse, hydrate and exfoliate.
For cleansing, use a mild cleanser that won’t clog your skin and strip it of natural oils. Then follow it up with a hydrating serum like hyaluronic acid, or nourishing cream or mask.
Then, exfoliate once a week to get rid of dead skin cells and get glowing skin. You can use natural exfoliators like coffee or sugar that are mildly abrasive, or skincare products containing AHAs or BHAs.
Keep this routine in mind as you shop for skincare products or wherever you live.
4. Eat fresh vegetables and fruits every day.
For healthy skin and hair, and overall wellness, good nutrition is essential.
Of course, you can always take vitamin supplements to support your daily nutritional needs. However, consuming vegetables and fruits daily ensures you get enough of the filling dietary fiber your body needs. Dietary fiber is essential for weight management and controlling glucose levels, and protects you from certain medical conditions like cardiovascular disease.
5. Carve out some “me” time.
If you have a family of your own, you’re probably used to taking care of everyone else – especially your children and your spouse. You might also be married to your job or taking care of your parents or other family members.
However, remember that self-care is important – whether you’re married, partnered up or single. It’s not possible – nor advisable – to pour from an empty cup. You can only give so much, so if you’re feeling down or uncared for, stop.
It’s time to indulge in some self-care. Pamper yourself a little.
- Take an entire hour (or more) for yourself for a de-stressing bath. Light a few candles, turn on some soothing music, get into your tub and let your troubles melt away.
- On a weekend, go for some self-pampering activities like a massage or a trip to the salon for some hairstyle updating and a mani-pedi with your close friends.
- Go on occasional retail therapy sessions, and buy that bag or pair of shoes you’ve been eyeing for months.
- Spritz your favorite home fragrance in your living room, bathroom and bedroom to help you feel energized for the day.
No matter what you choose to do for yourself, make time for it and enjoy it.
Get your beauty and health game on
With the tips shared here, getting on the right health and beauty track becomes easier.
With constant practice, you can say hello permanently to a truly happier, healthier you.
Explore our offers and discover a wealth of beauty and wellness solutions today.
FACES BEAUTY WIZARD
Bacon ipsum dolor amet turkey alcatra doner shankle chuck kielbasa. Burgdoggen tongue frankfurter picanha ball tip prosciutto drumstick pork belly bresaola chislic doner.